There are countless different cocktails you can try, but you often notice you know just a few rum cocktails.
Discover our recommended recipes using rum as the main ingredient.
Rum is obtained from the brewing and distilling process of sugar cane. Producers modify brewing times and use barrels of different woods to get characteristic flavours and aromas.
5 Rum cocktails
Rum is one of the most popular and, due to this fact, it is quite easy to find and try different cocktail recipes. Some of them are known around the world because of its wonderful flavours.
Discover how to prepare the best Rum cocktails.
This is the most famous of the Cuban and Caribbean cocktails. Refreshing, aromatic and full of flavours, its ingredients are white rum, lime juice, mint, sugar, soda and crushed ice cubes.
This is a very simple and easy to prepare cocktail. Just follow these steps:
- On a short glass, add sugar and some mint leaves. For extra flavour and aromas, slightly crush to extract aromas and essential oils.
- Pour lime juice and a little shot of soda. Add crushed ice cubes.
- Then pour white rum and add soda.
- Garnish with mint leaves or put a lime slice on the rim.
Due to the perfect combination of its ingredients, the Mai Tai cocktail offers you an explosion of flavours on your palate.
Take note of the ingredients: white and brown rum, orange curaçao or Cointreau, almond syrup, lime juice, pomegranate juice and crushed ice cubes.
Do not worry about the quantity of ingredients, this is a very easy to prepare cocktail. Just follow our tips:
- First of all, put all the ingredients on a shaker and vigorously stir.
- Choose the best glass for this kind of cocktail. We recommend a balloon glass or a Hurricane glass.
- Serve on the selected glass, previously chilled. Add a shot of grenadine or pomegranate juice for an amazing colour and some sugar if necessary.
One of the most famous of the American cocktails, created in honour of actress Mary Pickford.
These are the ingredients: white rum, maraschino, pomegranate syrup, pineapple juice and ice cubes.
Three easy steps and enjoy an astonishing flavour:
- On a shaker, pour all the ingredients and add some ice cubes.
- Shake and let stand for some minutes. Meanwhile, chill a Martini glass.
- Use a strain and pour on the glass.
- Garnish the rim with a maraschino cherry and enjoy.
Long Island Ice tea
This cocktails is the perfect combination of 5 whites: white rum, tequila, triple sec, vodka and gin.
Add a touch of sugar, some citrus sparks, a shot of cola and ice cubes.
- On a highball glass, put some ice cubes.
- Pour the alcoholic base, then add lemon juice and sugar syrup.
- Add a shot of cola and mix with a stirrer.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.
From Puerto Rico to the world, let us introduce you to Piña Colada… the most famous rum cocktail all over the world.
Mix white rum, coconut milk, pineapple juice and ice cubes. Discover an amazing flavour.
Take your shaker and note these tips:
- Put the ingredients on a shaker and mix.
- Chill a Hurricane glass and pour on it the strained content of the shaker.
- Add some sugar if necessary and garnish the rim with a cherry or a piece of pineapple.
Now you have some new rum cocktails on your bartender recipe book.
Enjoy yourself and try our wide range of spices and botanicals to add some characteristic notes to your own recipes.